12th Annual VIPS Gala Saturday, June 20, 2015
Location: St. Joseph's Church , 813 Oakdale Road, Modesto, CA
Time: 5:30 in the evening.
All proceeds go to support VIPS training and other services in Modesto, CA
- Adjustment to Blindness - Once you accept your vision loss where to you go to get help?
- Assistive Technology - Email, Internet, iPhone, CCTV and more
- Independent Living Skills - as the name implies it helps people be more independent
- Orientation & Mobility - knowing where you, where you want to go & how to get there safely
- Weekly peer support group - Wednesday 10:30 to noon at 1409 H Street, Modesto, CA
Join us for a wonderful dinner and
- Mystery Music Box Auction
- Fabulous Raffle Items including a Vacations Raffle to Pincrest, Maui and a beach house in Cayucas
Tickets: $45.00 per person
Sponsorships available. Help VIPS and get recognition on our web site and at the event.
- VIPS Mission Sponsor ($5,000)
- Older Individuals with Blindness ($2,500)
- Support Group Sponsor ($1,000)
- Program sponsor ($500)
- Table Sponsor ($100)
Click to see the Sponsor Benefits ,which include tickets to the Gala, advertisement in the program, web link from our site to yours and recognition at the event.
Become a sponsor
Fill out the Sponsor Agreement and fax to VIPS at (209) 846-0718
For more information call (209) 522-8477 or (209) 846-9027
New Help for Low Vision from VIPS
Vision Services for Adults 55 Years and Older
Are you 55 years or older with a vision loss that makes daily living tasks difficult or impossible?
Do you wish you could get your independence and enjoyment in life back?
Do you hate depending on others for what you used to do for yourself until blindness or vision loss made it frustrating and difficult?
Are you home bound due to your vision impairment?
For information about how VIPS can help you call: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at (209) 846-9027
Services are FREE and funded by a Title VII grant.
Weekly Support Group Meeting Wednesdays at 10:30
Meeting at our offices: 1409 H Street, Modesto, CA
Tip for the visually Impaired (and others)
8 Cooking tips
- Organize the kitchen
- Be smart about labeling foods.
- Use cafeteria tray at your prep area to organize materials and contain spills.
- Use nesting measuring cups or spoons for measuring wet and dry ingredients.
- Transfer dry ingredients from paper bags, plastic bags or cardboard boxes to rigid, labeled plastic or glass container.
- Keep a wet towel at your prep area to wipe fingers.
- Play it safe with boiling water.
- Don't be afraid to cook something new.
Read the entire article here
Our support group meetings provide the opportunity for those that are blind or low vision in Stanislaus County to share experiences, concerns, needs and successes in their journey with visual impairment. This meeting is the visually impaired and their caregivers.
The 1st week every month the caregivers separate allowing them to focus on the unique issues of caregiving. The next caregiver meeting will be February 4, 2015.
Meetings held every Wednesday
“To provide a place of compassion, support, understanding, education and personal growth for any person who is blind or visually impaired, through independent life and job skills training.”
"The Little House That Cares" Book
The Writer's Group of Visually Impaired Persons Support (VIPS) has published a book: The Little House That Cares, Seventeen inspirational stories from people whose lives have been affected by blindness, and how this little house has given them the tools to build a future filled with hope and optimism.